I felt bad...

because I promised myself as much as possible I don't want my little girl to experience falling. I think I speak too soon. This morning I got really scared because she fell from our bed. I just finished changing her diaper and then I laid down in bed while watching her. I let her lay down because I know she is still sleepy. I am preparing to nurse her again. But then she crawled fast on the other side of the bed before I can hold her she already fell. I didn't get so scared until then. She cried but did not cry hard and she didn't shed a tear. I am glad nothing is wrong with her or she wasn't hurt. She is still her old self.

I felt so guilty of what happened. My heartbeat was really racing when it happened. I know there will be times that this will happen to them but you can't really help but feel bad and sort of blame yourself. When hubby called around 10AM I told him and he got worried too. But he told me not to feel bad about it anymore. I just need to observe her if anything changes with her or what. Hay, motherhood.

 

2 comments:

Mira said...

I can totally relate to that. You just look the other way and one second later, accident happens. Hopefully next time we'll be tougher and more prepared. Good luck to all mothers.

PinayWAHM said...

Awww....I guess it's normal to feel guilty about it kasi we try so hard to protect them.

A lot of us can totally relate to what you felt when it happened. It's part of the package of being a mom...

Just take it easy...baby Shiloh will surprise you as how strong she really is.

Smile!

Juliana

Blog Widget by LinkWithin