Watching Television

How many hours of television time you should let your toddlers watch in a day? I have read in some books that you should not let them watch telly over 2 hours in a day. I am so guilty of this because I let my kids watch their show on PBS or Nick channel more than 2 hours a day. I just don't have other means of bribing them to stay away from me to do my school work.

I let them watch television once they get bored playing or doing art work in their toy room. My consolation is that they are watching educational shows anyways. I know, it's my bad but I got to give them something to occupy them. Most of the time, even if they are watching telly, they are still bothering me. If this happens, I can no longer be in front of the computer, I need to be with them because the concentration blows out of the window already.

This is why you can wish you have someone to watch your kids even if you are at home. We don't have the luxury of that here, so I need to deal with it and improvise. I know in the end I can see the fruit of my sacrifices.

 

1 comments:

Irel said...

I need to limit my children in playing their gadgets! I also need to limit our tv time. I never had any problems with their school grades though that is why I find myself allowing them to play as often as they like as long as they finished all their homework and whatever they needed to do. Oh, Happy Holiday ^-^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin