A year ago...

...I had a feeling of mixed emotions. Anxiousness, excitement, anticipation, loneliness and happiness. You name it all I had it. The reason being was my coming over here in the US. I was battling with separation anxiety when my schedule to flew here was near approaching. I am the kind of person that is easy to connect with things and people that when it's time for saying goodbye I have a hard time comprehending.

To say goodbye especially to your love ones is a hard thing for me to do. I fight my own emotions because I don't like my leaving to be like a soap opera with lots of drama. Eventhough I am shattered inside I still have the strong facade. My family were also anxious what might happen to me when I get here. Even my friends were telling me if I can handle it being so far away from my family. I do felt the apprehension too. But I made a choice.

While in the plane I was asking myself what I got myself into. Never in my wildest dream I pictured myself living far from where I am from. I made my choice but myriads of questions flickers in my mind. Wanted to unfold the mystery behind my choice.

The plane landed on the US soil. As soon as I disembarked the cold winter chills engulfed me. I followed the throngs of people going to the immigration. I saw different people of different nationalities. I peeked out the airport window. I saw skyscrapers, clean winding paved roads with moderate traffic. No jeepneys, no tricycle and "tri-sikad". I heard noises all over but the thudding of my heart echoes. I pinched myself if I was dreaming. I felt the pain. Then realized that there is no turning back. I am here.

I walked down the alley to where the arrival lounge is. Pushing my trolley hoping in the highest hopes to see somebody I know. When suddenly someone hugged me from behind and whispered "Are you real or I am only dreaming?" When I turned around it was him, my choice and my reason of being here. The love of my life. The nervousness I felt vanished with his presence. I felt the joyful relief. My apprehensions gone and the questions were answered. As he encircled his arms around me I felt safe and at home.

Ahh...times flies so fast. It has been a year since my first step on the US soil. Seem like it was only yesterday. The experience is still fresh in my mind. If I go through it again, I will gladly do it as long as I will come home in my husband's sweet loving arms.

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless, I can relate sa imong story jud. Happy 1st year Anniversary! That means Wedding Anniversary is coming up?!^_^

Makis said...

Such a wonderful post! I still sometimes wake up wondering if I am really here in France :)

Happy anniversary to you & your Bana!

JO said...

Hi Bless,

Time flies... before you know it, you'll be celebrating your 10th year in USA...

Raquel said...

Hi mare,

Congratulations, 1 year ka na dito. I hope ma receive mo na mga paper documents mo para you can move freely, right?

Parang kilan lang ang panahon, sana after this, madagdagan na kayong dalawa, just keep on trying, smiiile.

Nice post mare, you did a good job. You're getting better, just keep on posting.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bless it's nice to hear your story..while reading it makes me having a goose bumps.. Bitaw oy same feelings jud ta ay..pero wla lang ko kuyawi pag ari paingon kay gikuha ko sa akong bana og iyang anak..kuyawan man gud c bana basin og dli ko mudayon og ari kay ako ra usa kay mahadlok hehehe..Im sure ba malipayon pod tawn imong parents and family nga naa ka sa maayong kabutang og ilang apprehension had vanished pod kay nabutang ka sa maayong bana gipangga ka pagmaayo..Ok Bless thanks sa paglabay labay sa akong balay! Take care and God Bless! muaah!

Anonymous said...

taymsa kay kuwang pa ako gisuwat dri unsaon mani akong gamay dri apil pod og type mao nga wala nako ka concentrate na nuon..

Anyway dali rajud bitaw panahon Bless usa na day ka katuig dri sunod lang cguro ta..magduha pako katuig sa June..Mura ra og gahapon nga nakaari ...usahay pod gani ba dli ko katuo nga nana pod koy anak mura bag o ramn ko naabot dri hehehe.. Ok sige Bless adto nako kay nagsinamok jud c nicole..Take care always!

Anonymous said...

Bless, what is amazing to me is that when we go back to PI for a visit, we also start getting homesick for here too :) haaayyy, ika nga torn bet 2 lovers. Happy 1st anniversary!

Ger

Bless said...

Hello Lanie. Yes I know halos kita tanan jud miagi ani. Yup duol na amo anniversary. Wa lang jud damha ang panahon.

Thank you Makis and God bless.

YOu are right Jo. Time flies fast talaga. Thank you for the greetings.

Bless said...

Hi Mareng Raq. Salamat sa greetings. Lagi I am hoping nga okay na tanan ako papers. I praying for that. Unta mao na lang na amo anniversary gift hehehe.

Dauph tinuod jud ka. Murag dali ra jud mituyok ang panahon. Ikaw gani murag bag-o ra nanganak pero si Nicole big girl na, di ba?

Geri you are right. Whichever, homesickness is still there. Hahaha mao jud torn bet 2 lovers. Thanks for the greetings.

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Anniversary, Bless :-)
Bitaw noh... murag kanus-a lang tu.. one year na ka dinhi ;-) nus-a man ka kita? send me your phone# bi aron makatabi pud ta pag naay time.

Bless said...

Hi Rhebs thanks for passing by here. Lagi am hoping to see you too. I'll go to your site and give you my # there. I'll ask yours too. Thank you.

Babette said...

Hi Bless, Happy 1st Anniversary. :) It was nice reading your post about your feelings when you traveled here to the US. I can just imagine your husband's excitement upon seeing you at the airport. :)

Bless said...

Hi Barb you bet! As in very excited din siya. Especially so that we're not able to see each other for 5 months before I came here hehehe. Also he's so atat na atat na kuno to be married to me hahaha.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin