The Cuspids

Our DD have 16 teeth in all right now. She is missing 4 more teeth consisting of the upper cuspids or commonly known as the canine teeth or eye teeth, this is called 'bangkil' in my Visayan dialect, and the second molars. My Mom told me that once it is coming out most babies will really have a hard time coping the pain.

I am glad that the 16 teeth that came out of our DD's gum came out without too much of a hassle. Only now that the upper cuspids is about to come out that she is whining, salivating, and wakes up in the middle of the night crying. My consolation is that she still eats and don't have temperature. Although dealing with her at this time is not really terrible but I hope that it will come out soon so we both can sleep through the night.

I researched online and got this info at WebMD. The child's mouth contains 20 temporary teeth, called primary teeth, baby teeth, or deciduous teeth, consisting of the following teeth types:

  • 4 second molars
  • 4 first molars
  • 4 cuspids
  • 4 lateral incisors
  • 4 central incisors

 

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin