Giants of San Fran

Guest post written by our friend Trent Horton.

Man, I can't believe the Giants made it all the way to the National League Championship Series so far! I never would have thought it possible seeing the line up they started off with on opening day. But after calling up Buster Posey in June, their offense has really started to take off and help their awesome pitching staff. While I'm not a fan of Brian Sabean, I've got to admit he's made a lot of great moves this season to get the Giants to this point. From the picking up of Aubrey Huff and Pat Burrell, the trades for Javy Lopez and Ramon Ramirez and the claiming of Cody Ross off of waivers, it seems like almost every move has worked out to get them into the postseason.

The only thing I have to complain about is manager Bruce Bochy. His over managing has probably cost them a number of games and made things a lot closer than they had to be. This whole season the slogan for the Giants has been "Giants baseball: It's torture." I think a lot of that falls on Bochy and his insistence to make as many changes as possible on each and every day. Thankfully they have the pitching staff to overcome all of Bochy's mistakes and once in awhile even Bochy's shenanigans pays off. So far I've seen every game this year thanks to satellite TV from www.TVByDirect.com and I hope to see them in the World Series!

 

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin