Independence Day Fun-tastic!


I should have posted this last nite but I was so exhausted after we got home from Ft. Benning watching the advance Independence Day Celebration held at York Field.

Independence day - day of reckoning - Americans celebrates 229 years of independence! In the Philippines, if I remember right, it's Fil-Am friendship day. Well, anyways, this is my first time to witness independence day festivities here in the US of A. I enjoyed it very much especially so that I got to watched various military ammos and missile tanks, helicopter atbp. being displayed, live bands and different fun and games. And the highlight of the celebration was the fireworks display which lasted for almost half an hour. The longest fireworks display I witnessed ever. I took some photos while we were there but unfortunately those I've taken during the fireworks display didn't came out good due to poor lighting.


Me in front of the Black Hawk (Remember the movie Black Hawk Down?)

Riding on a gun truck (Same with my hubby's baby while in Iraq)

The York field ground was full of people laying their picnic mats, picnic chairs everywhere while waiting for the most awaited part. When it started around 9:30pm everybody stopped what they're doing and looked up to where the fireworks displayed. It was really amazing and the response from the people was really magnificent. You can hear the chanting, singing and cheering after every display. In whole, the festivities ended successfully and everybody had a great, wonderful time.

HAPPY 4th of JULY EVERYONE!!!

You too can wave your flag cheesecake on this joyful day!!!!

 

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin