Kilay 2005

When I was in the Philippines I frequented the salon for my hair, nails, foot spa and eyebrows done. You can get much of this pampering back home since it's not that expensive. I paid less than Php500.00 for everything. Sometimes it does include foot massage especially if you are one of the constant customers. My husband knew this very well coz everytime he called me on weekends I am always in the salon hehehe.

So when I arrived here he asked me when I'm going to go to the salon. I told him I'll check first for prices. But the prices I discovered are really a standoffish. I told my hubby I will wait till I get back to Philippines for my hair hehehe. I can't afford the $75.00 just for my hair, cutting with style, hot oil then blow drying. Another $25.00 for nails without footspa and tip. So I decided to do my nails myself. I maybe forced to go to the salon if I can't bear my in-grown nails and dry skin or else I'll land with a podiatrist.

Heneway, in as much as I want to do my kilay by myself it really needs an expert to shape & tame it and mow the unwanted hair. In PI my kilay shaper used a razor/blade to do it. Then I will follow it thru with a tweezer before I will have another eyebrow fix within a month. On Tuesday me and my friend decided to go to the mall and we passed by this stall who do any type of eyebrow fix. Shaping, styling, waxing and others except tattoo. She had eyebrow wax. I thought of just the razor but she said waxing takes longer for your eyebrow's hair to grow back compared to using razor. So I tried it. The first time the lady pulled off the waxed part...urgghhh..I almost pee..T'was my first time eh. The result is okay for me but I like my kilay when I was in Philippines thou.

I have here comparison of my kilay in PI and my kilay here in US. Kayo na ang humusga =)

My "kilay when I was still in Philippines. I paid Php10.00 for it.

My "kilay" after 7 months of living here in the US. I am using tweezer to pull the excess hair.

My "kilay" after I let it waxed on Tuesday. I paid $10.00 for it. My eyes still sleepy. Bagong gising eh..blog kaagad lolz.

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless, mahal talaga ang pa-beauty dito and if you want you ingrown nails be taken care of, wag na lang ikaw pumunta sa salon dito dahil you'll never be satisfied with their cleaning...You can clean better than the salon here...maiinis ka lang.. When you go back sa Pinas, doon ka magpa-pamper and you'll really be satisfied.....I added you up on my links, hope you don't mind. Thanks!

Bless said...

Hi Roselle! Thanks for the visit. Yup it's true very expensive jud magpabyuti dri. Ako na lang lagi hulaton makauli sa Pinas. Salamat sa pag add. I'll add you up too.

Anonymous said...

hi Bless, honest opinion ha? I like ur kilay in the Phils da best. Taray look. Baka next time kelangan mong magdala ng photo para ipakita sa kilayshaper jan. Pero maganda pa rin ang result ha. I wish I had your deep set eyes :)

Anonymous said...

wow, danda babae! Parehong maganda for me. ako naman dati i used to pluck my kilay pero tamad na ako ngaun so ginagaya ko nalang yong ginagawa dati sa kilay ko when i was in the Phil, blade nga lang ginagamit nong bakla sa akin e, ang bilis bilis pa and i used to pay P20 for it, minsan halos libre na pag dami akong pinapagawa. I'm seriously looking how much is hair straigthening here kasi sanay akong at least once a year nagpapaunat ng hair sa atin e, super mahal yata dito.

Ligaya said...

Hi Bless! both looking good to me. =) ang presyo lang ang malaki ang pagkakaiba, mahal talaga ang bayad dito kumpara sa atin sa Pinas. buti na lang sa akin hindi ako nagpa-pluck ng kilay, otherwise hindi ko ma-afford..hehehe!
take care and God Bless!

Raquel said...

Hi Bless, hahaha you're funny. At least until now kilay 2000 pa rin, lol!

Bless said...

Geri i agree with u. i like my kilay better nong sa Pinas pa. I will do that next time na magpashape ako uli. Dala ng pic hehehe. Deep set nga eyes feel ko palaging inaantok =)

Tess salamat. Mahal jud dri i asked nga one time dito sa salon kasi every 6 months din ako nagparelax ng hair sa atin. I have a very curly hair before eh. It will cost me almost a hundred bucks here if magparelax. Mahal jud kaayo. Misugod na ra pud ug kulot ako buhok...unsaon na lang!

Bless said...

Ligaya salamat. Yup totoo mahal talaga. Good for you at wala kang i mimintain na kilay lolz.

Raquel oo nga kailangang i maintain or else kakapal yan hehehe.

Analyse said...

i prefer your kilay sa pinas...i pluck mine, bahala sya kung di pantay hehe...mahal kaya hehe..

Unknown said...

Bless ganahan ko sa imong kilay sa Pinas pa, sus arang mahala jud dinhi mag pamanicure lang maong ako bitaw ako na lang mag hinlo-hinlo sa ako-a bahala og kapoy usahay :-)

Have a great weekend!! Mwaaaaah!

Raquel said...

I just noticed nakagawa ka na pla ng assignemt, babasahin ko talaga para makilala kita ng lubusan. Hehehe, die hard talaga ako sa imo dear. Mamaya nalang ha kay naa pa ko buhaton, medyo taas ra ba.

Maria C. Gensoli said...

Three years ago, My friend taught me how to pluck properly however it was painful unitl my cousin from Japan visited me and saved me. Kita niyang I was in pain and lumoluha na tong mga mata ko sa ka control nang sakit. She felt sorry for me kaya binigyan me eyebrow shaver parang blade, pero mas safety. No more pain afterward. I believe that they are selling it on the drug store now. Take care eh

Ladynred said...

I like the Pinas kilay too. When I was getting married pinakialaman ang akong kilay sa nag-arte sa akoa. Mao rapod to.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin