My sister

I was inspired by my Mareng Ethel's love for her sister. It really touches your deepest core when somebody is showing an indescribable emotion to their love ones.

Thus, this entry is my little tribute to my friend, my everdearest little sister who is bigger than me =) (in size). She'll be getting married this coming October 8 and I won't be able to be there to witness this biggest step that she's going to embrace in her life. I feel mixed emotions of sadness, anxiousness, and happiness. Sadness because seems like it was only yesterday that we're sleeping in the same room together and sharing almost everything. Now when I go back to Philippines it won't be the same coz we already have our respective roommates, our husbandry.

I am anxious because she's very vulnerable, healthwise. She's still under medication for her immune disorder. She's showing symptoms of, according to the doctors, - SLE or Systemic Lupus Erythemathus.

Before I came here in the US, all of us in the family were so worried because my sister's condition went worse. Her hair fell off to baldness and her rashes were almost full blown. I was the only one from among us siblings who can talk to the doctors of what is really happening to her because my parents and my other sisters were just so afraid to hear the diagnosis. The turmoil that she's going thru is torture to all of us. I even asked Him if He can give it to me instead of her coz I can't bear sleeping at night knowing what hell she's been thru with her illness. Many sleepless nights for me sleeping beside her, watching her hair fell off on the pillows. And always awaken for her every moves and moans for the pain caused by her swelling joints.

Amidst all that, I am happy that she's a strong woman. Even she's suffering she never gave up. I know there are times that she wants to but she is determined and driven to survive. She didn't took a leave from work. She's actively doing her responsibilities and do some outdoor stuffs. I heard a good news from them that her hair is growing and she's not using a wig no more. "Goodbye na sa pelukang itim" =) And also she's doing great and shows a good response from her medication.

I am also happy that even in her state she found a person who can truly love her and take good care of her. She deserves to be happy. I haven't met her fiance yet but we chatted and talked. I was asking him how deep her love for my sister and if he know what my sister is suffering. I know I sound so arrogant in questioning it but as a sister I can't help but to know if my sister will be in good hands. I wasn't disappointed by what he answered to me. And I know in my heart my sister found a dependable man.

God bless her! May she continue to be strong and prayerful. It is also my prayer that He will continue to give her the courage and strength to get by life's trials, as a vulnerable, fragile human being, a soon to be wife and a mother to their future children. Best wishes and love you sister. I am always here for you.

{P.S. She's wearing a wig in her pic above. Di halata no? Hehehe (Ibulgar ba naman!)}

 

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless, your sister is so blessed that not only does she have a family (and a sister) who dotes and love her, but found true love as well. I also had a cousin who had a serious kidney problem that she had to take steriods for a longtime. She had moonface during her wedding day. Still her boyfriend stood by her through thick and thin (guapo pa naman, my mom even commented that in that wedding people were looking at the groom more than the bride). You are right, I was looking at her hair and I wouldn't guess it's a wig. I'm glad she's better.

JO said...

best wishes to your sister! hope she stays healthy and strong... she's very lucky to have a sister like you.

Anonymous said...

Mareng Bless, A simple words...Thank you! Now, I'm going to celebrate what an unbelievable life I have had so far: the accomplishments, the many blessings, the beautiful friendships, and, yes, even the hardships, because they have served to make me stronger. I will go through my days with my head held high and a happy heart. Daghang salamat sa imong mga tambag!
Congrats to your beautiful sister. I feel your heart! God Bless her richly!

Bless said...

Geri thanks...yup she's better now. She kind of having a moon face with her pic coz she's taking steroids that time too 3x a day. I'm really glad when the doc stopped the steroids medication. Hehehe her fiance is really tall kuno 5'7" & mejo may hitsura daw. Di man gud ko kaklaro sa face inig chat namo. He's from Leyte, I'm not sure where in Leyte. Basin kababayan nimo hehehe.

Raquel said...

Hi Bless, naa naman diay kay posting, balik ra ko unya kay na busy ko kang Maria.

Bless said...

Geri not 5'7" hehehe but 5'11". Ako diay bana ang 5'7".

Hi Jo! Thanks for the thoughts.

Bless said...

Hi Mareng Ethel! You are most welcome. You are right we can celebrate all the things that happen in our lives however great or small it maybe. As long as we know we are doing it to glorify God then we will have a happy heart. Thank you for the greetings.

Mareng Raq balik balik ra unya..unaha sa nang imong junaks diha hehehe

Raquel said...

Hi Bless, louy man diay kahimtang sa imong sister. Unsa mana iyang sakit wala man koy idea. Cancerous na?

Maayo nalang nga ni tubo na iyang buhok ba kay lain kaayo sa babae nga upaw.

Naglibog ko, kinsa man iyang mabana, foreigner or taga atu-a?

Daghan pa diay ko tubagunon nga mga comments oi! KAo nalang cguro to isahon pag answer kay na tingob naman.

Raquel said...

Hahaha, karon pa nako nabasa imong message didto...unsa ikaw nalang nag tikaw tikaw? kaluoy ba.

Unya na tulog oi kay busog ra ba ka, basin uromon ka ana, maparehas unya ka ni.....aguroy nalimot ko sa iyang ngalan. Kato bitaw partner ni Judy Ann Sanatas sa Mara Clara. Adaaaah, naa ra jud sa akong dili, ngek si Wowie de Guzman man to iyang love team sa Mara Clara. Hala ingna lang ko kung kinsa akong gi-ibot ha.

Kalagot ba ani nga morag naa na sa tumoy sa akong dili, di pa nako mahinumduman.

Dili pod ko katulog kay natulog ko ganiha tapad ni Maria.

Analyse said...

im sad and happy to hear about your sister. she's a strong woman to face all those trials. im sure her fiancé loves her a lot to accept about her illness. best wishes to both of them..

Anonymous said...

Dear, I'm sadden after reading your entry. My prayers goes to her wellness and happiness. She deserve it and may her man would love her dearly... She's lucky to have you a dear sistah..Muah

Unknown said...

your sister is so lucky to have a sister like you, best wishes sa imo sister Bless! Na louy ko nga nagbasa sa imo post about sa iya sakit but with prayer everyday, I know God is always there nga naminaw sa atong mga pag-ampo.

Have a great weekend silingan!

Anonymous said...

Bless, your sister is so lucky to have all the love that she deserves esp. having a sister like you. Nagsakit ning akong dughan gabasa oi! Ampo lang ta kanunay that she will get over it na. Happy weekend!

Bless said...

Mareng Raq okay na ako sister karon dili na opaw hehehe. mestizo iya nabana - mestisong waray ug bisaya hehehe bitaw taga leyte oi dili porenjer.

ang imo gimean si Rico Yan nga giurom kuno partner ni Judy Ann Santos. Hehehe ikaw jud!

Bless said...

Anna, Ghie and Tess thanks for the thoughts and greetings for my sister. She's doing great na daw and everything is fine. We're all excited for her big day :)

Raquel said...

Mareng Bless, akong gisulayan ninglarer man pero ang imong sidebar ning paabus inig mag comment. Please try visit this link ug pag cooment, you will see.
http://hellokitty234.blogspot.com/

Pag comment didto para makita nimo ang resulta, ibutang imong ngalan para makabalo ko nga ikaw na.

Raquel said...

Hahaha, karon pa nako nabasa ning answer naman diay ka sa akong gusto ipa-ibot gabii...Sus si Rico Yan man diay to. Tiguls na jud ko...

Raquel said...

Inig mag comment diay ka adto sa time permalink, ayaw didto sa naay nakabutang nga comment.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bless! kaluoy sad sa imo sis oi mura mafeel man pod nako unsa nga suffering she's experiencing this time but Im happy to know she's a brave woman to face that kind of trial in her life..believe jud ta niya ba! Nakaya sad cguro na niya it's bcoz of the support of her family nga naghatag niya og strenght to carry that thing. You are such a nice ate to her. Ingon ana jud guro we feel sad basta kita ta one of our family magsuffer ba kay unsaon pareho rapod nato og dugo and it's not easy to look at them nga nagkasakit ba..Ampo lng ta nga maayo dayon sya pero I think she's doing good since she's not wearing that wig anymore which a good sign that she's getting better as well.

Hapit nman diay iyang wedding day! Best wishes to both of them! Ok Bless will en up now kay mura man tag kahilak story oi! Hi to her! You all take care and God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Bless, your sister looks like you. She is so blessed in so many ways. She is a survivor indeed.

Bless said...

Dauph and In, thanks for the greetings for my sis. Yup she's doing great now in God's grace. We are always praying that everything will be alright.

Halu sis Nao! grabe man jud oi...friendship jud diay ta hehehe...ako sis is taller than me. Ako ang pinakagamay sa amoa, pinakacute kuno hehehe.

Hi Mel, yeah my sis always complain of joint pains due to arthritis. Now her joints are swelling daw and she has rashes also. Yeah wish it's that easy to bring her here pero hindi eh :-)

Thanks for the greetings and prayers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin