Secret Santa

I was thinking about "manito-manita" since we always do this back in the Philippines. May it be in school, work, family; exchanging gifts, as what we call it, is really present. I kind of miss the game that I am also hoping it would happen here in my workplace.

Lo and behold! When I arrived at work my manager asked me if I want to sign up for secret santa. At first I didn't get the idea. Thought you will be the secret santa in the store giving surprise gifts randomly to customer hahaha. So not playing a smart-ass I asked my manager in a most basic manner if it is like drawing a name and give a gift to the name you have drawn. And she said yes. Hmmm I really am in America...manito-manita becomes secret santa now.

I believe most of us still wants to spend christmas back home with our love ones. Do the usual things during this season. But it is great to note that I can still experience the same thing that I long for when I was in the Philippines. Like manits-manits/secret santa. It somehow eases the melancholic feeling as you travel down memory lane of how your christmas was back in the Philippines. Although it is incomparable but sensing the same spirit of gift-giving is what matters most. Among other things, simbang gabi i will miss, manito-manita no more.

Now my problem is what gift I should give. I cannot think of something more appropriate for her. There are variety of choices. Gift-cards are all over. Should I ask her what she likes? But that would jeopardize the essence of the game. My clue for her personality [since we are not that close :-)] is that she is a very sporty woman. Teaching physical education and sports games for her elementary students and she loves hunting big time. Do you have any suggestion what i should give to her? Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

 

13 comments:

Raquel said...

Puede ito lang muna baka maunahan ako sa iba...gold medal ako dito ngaun.

Raquel said...

Hi mareng Bless,

Wow ang ganda naman ng strategy ng manager nyo jan. Parang Mañanita at mañanito din kagaya sa pinas. Pero ang ternm lang jan ay secret santa.

If you are not close to your mañanita, why not ask some of her friends kung ano ang gusto niya. Hwag mo lang ipahalata lang gud.

Kung mahilig sya sa sports I can't suggest yet this time, please be specific what sports she is teaching.

Magkamano ba ang halaga sa gift, mare?

Anonymous said...

second ko! tagaig pang sports nga outfit, depende sa iyang sports. pero depende din kung may naka specify magkano halaga. Anything u give 'am sure she will appreciate it. Happy weekend, ako nang i post nig dali dali basin maunhan ko, ma third nalang hinuon ko ani da!

JO said...

hi Bless, I have never experience monito-monita here since I've never really worked.. hehehe... but my husband's office do have exchange gifts every year, I normally buy wine. The safest gift I can think of.

Bless said...

Hahaha Mareng Raquel gold medal ka jud diri karon. Lagi bitaw ganahan sab ko kay makaremember ta sa manits-manits sa Pilipinas. Unya ang kalisod lang pud mangita ug gift. Wala may limit hinuon sa gift. Baseball man ang iya gitudlo unya hilig pud cya ug pool. Unya hobby nila sa iya bana is hunting. I was tempted to ask her na jud yesterday at work gapugong lang jud ko hehehe.

Lagi Tess I am trying to look for some hunting gear or sports gear that she likes or unsa ba kaha hehehe. Wala may limit ang gift hinuon.

Bless said...

Hi Jo...yeah it would be a nice safe gift. You gave me an idea. I'll try to check and made her talk to me one of her wish list without hinting her that I am her manits hehehe

Unknown said...

Silingan lisod bitaw kaayo mo hatag og regalo no labi na kong wala kaayo nimo ma sinati ang tawo ba, pero I'm sure maski unsa imo ihatag ok lang nya, mas maayo kong mangutana ka sa mga na suod na niya para naa kay ma idea kong unsa imong hatag niya. Sige silingan ayo ayo dinha, enjoy your weekend!

Babette said...

Hi Bless, this is Barb aka Babette aka KusinerangPinay (nomztek.bravejournal.com), dami ko kasing name ano? hehehe Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. sinabi mo pa, super comfortable yung couch sa sala, sarap matulog. LOL
As for a suggestion for the gift, why don't you give her a sports outfit like a jogging suit. Yun ata yung tawag doon, yung may hood ang pantaas. Pero depende nga lang sa amount ng exchange gift. I guess the safest gift is a gift card sa isang sporting store. :)

Ligaya said...

Hi Bless! I agree with ate Barb, a gift card in a sporting store would be nice. although Raq has a point as well, pwede mo ring kausapin ang close friend niya sa work niyo (kung meron man) and maybe she can give you some info kung ano ang iba niyang hilig. =)

nakaka-miss ang monita/monito, dati meron kami niyan sa yahoogroups kung saan member ako, i think that's 2 years ago na. hehe!

take care and have a great week! keep warm! =)

Anonymous said...

HI Bless,...I would go for the "GIft Card" like Barbs said...lisod kaayo ning wala ta kabalo sa unsay gusto nya..kung ako imong hatagan dawat man ko bisan unsa..hehhe bitaw..take care dina and happy weekends...

Raquel said...

ay sus ka daghan man diay hilig sa sports mare, dili ka angay mabalaka kung unsa. Ikaw na mahibalo basta magamit niya sa iyang sports. swimming suit ka ha?

Anonymous said...

Bless, thanks for the tag. Anyway, I would go with the gift card. Unless you found something that you think she would really like. Enjoy the party! ^_^

Bless said...

hello silingan..na tinuod jud ka nga lisod mohatag ug regalo if dili nimo sinati ang hatagan. try nako ug ask lagi sa mga suod niya. or dili ba kaha paingon jud ko ani sa gift card hehehe.

hi barb..thanks for the suggestion. yon na nga baka i will end up with the gift card to make it safe. hehehe

Ligs yes nakakamiss talaga ang mga tradisyon ng mga Pinoy tuwing pasko. Salamat sa suggestion. You have a good weekend too.

Hahaha mao! Bisan unsa Che no basta gikan sa kasing kasing. Btaw salamat sa suggestion. Murag mudaug na jud ang gift card ani ba hehehe.

Mareng Raq makuyawan man sab ta mohatag ug swimsuit kay dili nako matantya iyang kadak-on. average ra man hinua iyang lawas pero basin dili moigo ba.

Hi Lanie..thanks for dropping by. Ug salamat pud sa suggestion. Paingon na jud ko ani sa gift card hehehe.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin