False Alarm

Getting married is a step of forming a family, the basic unit of society. To become a bonafide family there must be the father, mother and children. Me and my husband planned to have kids as soon as we got married. We both know that we are not getting any younger. We want to see our own kids growing and hopefully play with them not complaining of aching joints due to arthritis.

After getting married in 2004 we had an operation - mission "creation". We are not using any contraceptions since we want to accomplish our mission. Until the month of June last year where I was delayed for more than 2 weeks. Which is not typical of me to be delayed. But it was wasted. Had a miscarriage. Guess he/she is not meant for us. It boiled down to a false alarm parenthood.

In December last year we were so ecstatic and hopeful since I missed my period. After 2 weeks that my period lapsed I had a home preg test but resulted to negative. I was talking to my friend on the phone who gave birth on October and she told me that it happened to her too when she took the home preg test it was negative. But after a month she did again it was found out that she was pregnant. It kind of give us hope too. Plus I was feeling differently also. Shortness of breath, heat flushes at night time, love to eat a lot and sometimes dizzy and feels like to vomit. Or was it only psychological circumstance, I do not know.

Until last Friday my husband, the eager daddy-wannabe, decided to make an appointment for me to go to the hospital for a blood drawn pregnancy test. On our way to the hospital he was talking of converting our spare room into a nursery which I shushed him coz I don't want him to be disappointed again. I was really praying that I am pregnant when I had the blood drawn. Then I was told to call my clinic after 2 hours to get the result. I waited until I got off work to call and I was told that it's negtive :-(

Another false alarm. I feel like singing "where did I go wrong". Why is it hard to concieve? Is it me? It can't be my husband coz he has sired already. Well whomever, we pray still that someday, somehow we will be blessed with our own bundle of joy.

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi bless, whew sorry i am not so active this days medyo may pinagkaabalahan lang. anyway when i make suroy2x i have read ur entry here and oh my medyo we feel the same. i always have that feeling na oh my God baka ito na kasi nga delayed. but everytime i checked it negative naman. so now we are still hoping and continue praying for the best gift. happy weekend.

JO said...

dont worry too much, its only been a year... my cousin was able to conceive 3 yrs into their marriage...

my neighbor, after 10 years, now their daughter is turning 4... she is pregnant again, and they are both in their 40s.

Be patient. GOD is good.

Anonymous said...

God's clock is always on time dear. im sure there's a good reason why. ***HUGS***

Babette said...

HI Bless, just keep on 'practicing'. ;) Pinapatawa lang kita, I hope I was able to put a smile on your face. :) Don't stress out about it, just relax.

Ethel said...

Huh! parehas diay ta mareng, we hope also this year.
Sana...sana..parehas ming duha wala kabalo kinsa namo naay deperensya maong this month naa mi doc appointment kay namugos na jud akong MIL gusto na makita ang liwat sa asian ug european hehe..

Anonymous said...

Hi Bless,...basin sunod dili na...False Alarm....hehhhe...cge lang practice like Barbs said...take care and happy weekends nyo dina and hubby...

Anonymous said...

Halo Blessie, hala hinay-hinay lang motonga rana ayaw lang kaau ka stress agoy naghuna huna na raba kong kong kinsa nasay mabuntis karon tuiga "agoy bibo kong kamong duha ni Ethel" na mag blogbabyshowers kita aron bonga...hala segi pas-pasi nalang ninyong duha ayaw nagpahulay hah...

Bless said...

Hi Kim..mao lagi pirmi lang ta ani gadamgo nga majuntis. Kabalo ba ka nga eversince I got here i already had 7 pregnancy test hehehe halos kada buwan. as in very trying hard jud.

hi Jo yeah I know i should not stress out myself of thiking hard about it. In God's time I know we will have our baby. There are times din kasi na I feel down everytime my period comes that is why.

Hi Amgine..yeah you are right. God's time talaga :-) Thanks for the reminder.

Hello Barb's..hahaha oo nga eh..practice makes perfect daw. Hintay na nga lang kami in God's time.

Mareng Ethel mao jud oi. Lumba ta ani hehehe. Naa na gani mi sked pud sa dr. karong feb 3. Tan awon na lang ni ug unsay hinungdan nganong dugay man. Lami mouli ug Pinas ba ug magpahilot..kanang ipaplastar cguro ang matris hehehe

Hi Che..mao lagi maayo unta sa sunod deretso na jud hehehe

Aguy kaalegre ba anang blogbabyshower hehehe. Lumba na lang mi ani ni mareng ethel :-)

Anonymous said...

Bless, muabot ra lagi ang imong time, ayaw kabalaka. Uso ra ka karon ang buntisan maong i hope ur joining the club soon, ikaw, Ethel, Rhebs, Ghie, Minnie and others - yan ang wish ko sa inyo. Minsan once mabuntis ka na, sunud sunod na kana, maong relaks ka lang. Take care!

Makis said...

Hi Bless! I truly understand how you feel. We've been trying since mid-2002. I really cannot say that you stop thinking or stressing about it because the waiting is just so difficult. But we have to believe in miracles! I really liked what jo said: GOD is good. You can read my post "The Monthly Ordeal" if you have time :) Hope you'll have your little one this year too!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bless, don't make yourself too weary. As what the Lord says, there is always a time and a purpose for everything under the heavens... Maybe it wasn't the perfect time yet.

Hang in there!!

Bless said...

Hi Tess i know moabot ra jud na...murag nauso man gud ang buntisan mao ng nagpangagot pud mi kanus a amoa hehehe

Hello Makis...we share the same feelings on this. I've read your Monthly Ordeal...i will soon be feeling the agony too of waiting while having our tests done =) I'm praying to be more patient on that though.

Hello Joy. Thanks for the thought and you are right i should stop being wearisome =) everything has its reasons and purpose. that i should always remember. =)

Analyse said...

don't lose hope bless. it will come, in HIS time. just be patient. :)

Bless said...

thanks Ana! Yeah i know God will find a way in His time =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin