I am back!

Wow this is the longest time ever since my last post. I didn't go nowhere my friends. I just keep myself away from blogging although I frequented your blogs and reading your updates. My work also consumed my physical energy most of the time that I can't sit long in front of the computer and collect my thoughts to update my blog. Anyways, life's still good to us and we are both thankful. We made a pact to expel negative vibes right away when we feel it's coming our way. And the feeling is good especially when you beat the odds. Ain't it?

The past weeks I experienced being torn between two lovers. Not literally though. It is between my two jobs. Which job I am going to give up to accommodate another journey, going back to school. Was even more confused when my manager offered me an Assistant Manager/Keyholder position and the offer to work in the hospital's long term care department. But as I weigh more the pros and cons it came out that I can concentrate on my studies if I have a not so stressful job. That means I have to let go of my job at the nursing home as well as decline the opportunity to work at the hospital.

Working in the hospital or nursing home will give an ample oppurtunity and is also better financially-wise. But my priority right now is to start on working on my long term plan. Be equipped. Get a good education and skill to have a good career for future betterment. Although I have a good education back in the Philippines but it's different here in the US. You need to have certificates or licenses aside from having an experience in working in various high-paying fields. So I decided to go back to school and accepted the offer of my manager at Kirkland's.

Now I am only counting days before I left my job as CNA. I will miss my co-workers and the residents whom I served for almost 7 months. I know I will miss the routine of 4 days work and 2 days off on 2nd shift but I'll be a'right. When I handed in my two-week notice our Assistant DON said she hate to let me go but it is for my own good so she understand. She even wished me the best of luck for my future endeavours.

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halo mareng Bless... Glad your back na sa blogging :)
Good luck sa imong mga dreams.
Naa pod koy miga dire teacher siya sa atoa gusto siya mag teach dire sa Lux pero pag evaluate karon kay higschool ra man siya dire, kinahanglan mo eskwela pa siya hehehe i guess dako kaayong kalahian dire sa europe kompara diha sa US :)
Have a great week diha marengkay.
God Bless...

Anonymous said...

Pirst diay ko hehehe

Anonymous said...

hala arang kabanhaw sa career girl. go for your dreams, i think it's like that, in order to open new doors, you have to close some. good luck to everything!

Anonymous said...

hey goodluck. im sure you did the right move, and yes, better look on the long term plan, a more intelligent planning at that.

Ligaya said...

best wishes and goodluck bless! i hope everything will work out well for you. keep up the good work! =)

take care and have a happy labor day weekend to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Bless! dugay dugay najud bitaw wla ka kapost dri sa? anyway goodluck sa imong career and best wishes! Hardworking gyud ka Bless! keep it up! ayo ayo! have a great sunday!

Raquel said...

Good to see you back mareng Bless.

Iguess you better focus on your studies, after all, you will make a lot of money, hehehe. I m serious, and also, he satisfaction of self esteem.

Good luck!!!

Happy labor day.

Anonymous said...

Bless, you've made the right decision... especially going back to school.

Kudos to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bless, I was here yest. But blogspot did not allow me to leave a comment. :D Wow, youre going back to school pala. Good luck nalang! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hi Bless its Jona it's been a long time since I hopped into your place. But I certainly agree with you if future plan wise I rather to go back to school here in the US coz better oppurtunities awaits but now I rather stay on my job for Kyle's sake until he's old enough to be in school. But every enrollment period I always had my wishful thinking to go in fact I tried one time just inquiry then I found out how less time I'd spend for my little one and hubby so I rather wait. But go on for what you think is best and I'm so excited for whatever decision you may have. Goodluck.

Anonymous said...

Bless are you going to wake-up early for the key holder or dili ra? Kay diri sa Target they come in at 3:30 a.m. basin lahi ra sa inyoha.

Another Team Lead at my work quit. She is trying to pursue her career too kay hapit na daw siya mag 40. I am so happy for her although I have work with her for almost 3 years. I told her why not ask Target to pay for it like what I am doing pero dili man business iyaha. Basta whatever you decided take care all the time. Si Honey pud nagbalik eskwela. Ako ani after this semester mag undang sa ko for one sem. then mo resume pag when we have the baby pero on-line classes lang sa. I will take a year leave from work for the baby. I will be a stay at home mom. I am so excited. Anyways, going back to school is he best thing we can do to our selves.

Amy said...

bless, wish you goodluck in your studies! ayu-ayo dinha:)

Anonymous said...

All the best in your studies. Congratulations you are now Ass't Manager. Bless you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin