Congestion, Anyone?

Eversince day one that Shiloh was born I noticed that she has congestion. Her nose sounded stuffy when she breath. When the Pedia checked her the next day I mentioned it to him. He told me that newborn's nasal passages is still small and they breath through their nose. That is why we can hear noise when they breath. And he said the congestion will disappear. Since he told me it's fine so I had my peace.

When we went back to the clinic after 2 days of discharged we were given nasal drops (saline solution) to be given if needed. The thing with it is that I can't bear to look at when we suction her nose. I always leave to hubby to do it. Everytime hubby drops the solution into her nose I will really look away, promise.

During her 2 week and 2 month visit, I mentioned it again to her Pedia. Same as what they told us before that it will go away. Hubby asked if there is certain age that this congestion will go away. Honestly we did everything they told us, clean the humidifier everyday, keep her away from fluffy things, no baby powder, no perfumes, etc. But still she's congested. Until now that she's 3 months she still have it.

I don't know what to do with it. I may just be impatient but it's so pitiful to look at your baby and hearing her congested breathing. When we put her in her crib or in our bed we have to elevate her head part. Although she still get enough sleep but I have to always check on her. Sometimes she appears she's choking then she'll cough out in her sleep. She's a happy baby if not only for this congestion as well as being gassy, mommy will be a happy camper. I always tell my daughter if Mommy can only take it away from her I will in a flash.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless naay slight fever si Francis. I hope he didn't catch anything katong pag-adto namo bisita sa iya great lolo.

Mommy said...

Sis why dont you buy her a humidifier it's good for baby's congestion. Whenever my son gets cold the humidifier (cold mist) helps him to breathe better.

Vk-mahalkaayo said...

hello bless,

kanang normal lang na, malooy gyd ta labi na madungog nato, sakto gyd ka, mayo kita na lang ang magsiplango kay sa baby nato.....
lami gyd higopon ug kolitugon kay basin dunay nakabara....

ako pod sauna, sus hadlok ko basin wala ka breath ba, labi na anang magabii, na di gyd ko katulog kay basin di ka ginhawa, ako ra gyd kugoson, mao to nga haskang niwanga noon nako sa 1st baby nako kay di man ko katulog.........labi na gamay ikkk, na mata gyd ko dayon...abi nako gigutom or basa ang diaper.....

take easy lang diha gamay, i know what you feel, kay wa pa man gyd ka experience....all first baby, lisod gyd kaayo, kay wa gyd ta masayod unsa ato buhaton.....labi na mohibi, na hadlok na ta....

diay, kana pod, lalom ilang tulog, kana usahay maayo ila tulog, nga gani dili molihok?
hadlok pod ko ana, ako gyd ibutang akong ears sa iya dughan kay ako gyd paminawon ug gahinhawa pa ba....lol

aguy, bitaw, lisoda ning wala ato Mama or any relatives nga mo-hatag nato ug advice sa? kay wa gyd ta know-.how....sagol lagi hadlok ug kakurat....

basta, take it easy and always Pray to God, nga guide ka nya......maautomatic ra man noon na tanan, ang Mama Life......

Uy, diay, thanks kaayo nga naka visit ka sa akoa.....naka isip bya pod ko nimo, want to visit here, nya mao lagi, ma-limtan or dunay lain maisipan....

Thanks kaayo ug regards nyong 3 ug kiss ko sa imo Baby......

bye

Blog Widget by LinkWithin