Dental Expense

Yesterday hubby got off work early and we went out looking for a dentist. I needed an overhaul with my teeth. This dental work is long overdue. I always put it off. We are covered with our dental insurance but still the co-pay is very expensive. I needed one extraction and new dentures. I am wearing a 5 teeth denture plus a new addition hopefully. The last time in Georgia, the price quoted by my dentist less our insurance coverage is almost $700 just for one dental work - root canal and new crown (for a tooth). Golly it's more than enough as downpayment for a property in the Philippines. I didn't go for it yet because it is very expensive for me. And now hubby told me I need to have it done before he leaves for deployment. So we found one yesterday and tis afternoon I will have my first dental check. Hopefully everything will be alright. I will just close my eyes when we get the bill.

 

2 comments:

""rarejonRez"" said...

hay naku Bless! makabuang jud ning dental checkups and all diri oi! kami lagi, antus lang sa gamay. hulat taman makauli pinas! hahaha!

rehards dha!

PinayWAHM said...

Hay naku Bless, I can relate with your dentist woes. A couple of years ago, the crown on my tooth broke so I had to have it replaced. I almost fainted when I was told it was going to cost $650. I thought they were going to put a diamond stud on the dang crown kasi sobrang mahal. Just like you I tried putting it off to find a cheaper dentist but to no avail. So I just swallowed hard and had it done..no choice eh.

Anyway, hopefully the dentist would give you some break and give you some discount [highly doubtful though].

Goodluck to your hubby's deployment.

Take care...

Juliana

Blog Widget by LinkWithin