Don't Leave Kids Alone

The other day I heard in our local news that a 9 month old baby died in the bathroom. Accordingly, the baby was in the tub when the Mom went to the kitchen to prepare the baby's bottle. When she got back in the bathroom the baby is already unresponsive and the EMT were not able to revive the baby. Then just now in the news again a toddler almost burn alive when an apartment building was on fire. Accordingly, the Mom went out to get food at Arby's which is a mile and a half away leaving the kid sleeping in the bedroom. It's only 15 min when she got back and the apartment was on fire. Hearing such stories made me cringe because I also have a little toddler. I am with her 24/7 and even if I go pee in the bathroom I will bring her with me. I am afraid leaving her behind. We just can't leave our kids alone because things happen in unexpected ways.

 

4 comments:

J@n!ce said...

Hi Bless, yes that's very dangerous to leave the kiddos alone. Not even for a moment. That was why I freak out the other day when Amos was locked inside the bathroom. I wrote a post on that last week :(

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

Hi bless! you're so right! we cannot leave our kids alone even for a few minutes. We've heard enough stories of careless moms who left their babies unattended and coz them death.

oh, enough of the sad stories. Come & ligthen up at my place. I've got something for you!

Merydith said...

Bless I know someone baya nga iya lang pasagdan iyang anak maligo sa tub ug iya iya ra kay 3 years old na ko no while siya nag blogging. Sos ka kuyaw sa? I will never forgive myself if something happens to my son simply because I was in front of the computer.

Mariuca said...

Hi Bless, you've been tagged! Have fun and happy weekend!
http://mariucasperfume.blogspot.com/2008/05/stumble-upon-meme.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin