Our DD is Totally Weaned

I am very happy because our DD is totally over with breastfeeding. I started on the 18th and there were only two instances that I gave in. Yeah I gave in because it's really a pity to look at her suffer. Today I tried to breastfeed her during her nap time just to see if she will take it, but to my surprise she did not and she said "baby, baby". My heart went out to her. I got mixed emotions. Part of me is happy but a part of me is also sad knowing that she is not as dependent to me anymore as before. Now she drinks more milk already and I am happy that she is. I am trying hard to let her drink up to 18 oz of milk daily. I give it to her 4 oz at a time because she can't finish the full 8 oz at one setting. Hopefully she will get used to it and will drink more everyday.

On the other hand, even though she is already weaned she still wakes up twice at night. I wish she can already sleep through so I can also rest at night. This morning I wanted to iron clothes but I don't have the energy to do it since I needed more sleep. Then I realized I need to go to the store to buy some stuff that we need here. In as much as I don't want to drive, I need to go out and do it. On our way out I saw some maintenance crew pulling something off the truck. It looks like they're using a linear motion guide system to roll off the machine from the back of the truck. It's amazing that here in the US doing tasks such as what the crew did is easy because of the availability of tools. Anyways, I was able to accomplished what I needed to get at the store and got back home safe and our DD was so behaved.

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. This too shall pass. Although you think you are going to die of sleep deprivation...

2 yr olds are easy to distract also, use that technique while you can for dealing with not so great behaviors. Good luck!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin