No Milk-Protein Allergy

I went to the hospital this morning to bring in the stool sample of our DD2. The provider checked it and the result came back as negative. I am so glad that she don't have allergy. But still I was told to eliminate those foods I mentioned in my previous post. I will incorporate it back in my diet when she's a little older wherein her little tummy can digest the food I ate. Those food makes her gassy so she gets fussy too. And the provider observed that she may just be a high maintenance baby that is why she cries when she need something. As for the reflux she was given Zantac to be taken twice a day.

Below is an information I got from whattoexpect.com regarding milk allergy.

Milk allergy: With a milk allergy in infants, a baby’s immune system reacts negatively to the proteins in cow’s milk. If the baby is breastfed, he’s reacting to the dairy his mother has eaten (the milk proteins pass through breast milk), and if the baby is formula-fed, he’s reacting to the cow’s milk proteins in the formula. In either case, the immune system sees the cow’s milk proteins as foreign substances, and in its efforts to fend off the invaders, the body releases histamine and other chemicals, which cause allergic symptoms in the body. Symptoms of milk allergies in babies include:

  • Frequent spitting up
  • Vomiting
  • Signs of abdominal pain, or colic-like symptoms, such as excessive crying and irritability (especially after feedings)
  • Diarrhea
  • Blood in stool
  • Lack of weight gain
  • Hives
  • A scaly skin rash
  • Coughing or wheezing
  • Watery eyes and stuffy nose
  • Trouble breathing and swelling (especially of mouth and throat), or even anaphylaxis (which is a life-threatening allergic reaction)

 

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin